Public Relations and Social Media Intern
We have a dynamic position open for the right person to gain experience in a leading strategic marketing company with interests in corporate communications, marketing and public relations, video production and new media.
How to Apply
If you’d like more information about any of jobs or to have chat about anything work related please get in touch. To apply for any of the roles listed on our website please email your CV with a cover letter to email@example.com
The successful applicant, in addition to meeting the qualifications below, must be passionate about communications and believes in the power of good stories to communicate passion and ideas. We foster a fun and creative environment, but we are fast paced and need an applicant that can deliver under demanding deadlines. The candidate will have a do-what-it-takes attitude and be a self-starter.
Gulf Broadcast is seeking a dynamic and team-oriented individual to join our PR and social media marketing team. An ideal communication intern will be a recent graduate of a university, with a degree in communications, public relations, marketing, journalism, English or any other related program.
Joining the team, you will:
- Learn about the strategies that make video a mainstay of modern communications
- Learn how to be a self-starter, work independently and get things done
- Learn about various industries for a wide variety of clients both locally and internationally
- Learn about marketing and how all channels must work together from professionals in PR, SEO, PPC, Social Media, and focus on content that is engaging.
- Build up your LinkedIn Profile professionally and Network
- Use our Social Media Tools from Twitter, Facebook, Google +, Pinterest and manage our and our clients’ online presence.
- Think out of the box and be innovative to bring helpful new ideas to the firm.
- Embrace the challenge of quality task completion under deadline in a fast-paced environment.
Primary responsibilities: This individual will support the team in meeting established client goals, as well as providing services for assigned day-to-day tasks in support of client projects.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Write and edit press releases
- Write and edit blog posts
- Research, write and edit social media content (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Participate in team strategy meetings
- Handle day-to-day tasks as assigned by management
Desired Skills and Experience
Qualifications: Interns must have superior writing skills, strong organizational and project delivery skills, and the ability to serve as a team player.
Other skills should include:
- Working knowledge of standard verbal and written communications practices, as well as various social media platforms (including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest and WordPress)
- Ability to follow directions and adhere to team processes to complete assigned tasks by agreed upon deadlines
- Work well with others, exchanges ideas and share responsibility
- Working knowledge of technology (HTML, Google Docs, MS Office, iWork)
- Intern will have to sign a confidentiality agreement and employee agreement as we are in a very competitive business.
- The internship is offered unpaid with the opportunity to be hired full time after the Internship is over.