We are looking for a highly motivated production assistant, someone who is ready to turn their hand to any challenge.
A self-starter, who will love generating story ideas and have strong research & journalistic skills.
- Providing support to the Producer and Production team
- Meeting with the Producer to discuss the research needs of a variety of corporate documentaries
- Developing and generating stories and ideas
- Sourcing and researching facts, figures and information using the internet, film and tape archives, specialist collections, picture libraries, museums etc
- Evaluating information in terms of programme aims and intentions, and making preliminary selection for presentation to the Producer
- Presenting findings either verbally or in writing, using sketches, video, photographs, and other aids as appropriate
- Assessing contributors’ suitability for the program, researching and booking appropriate people and locations
- Sourcing copyright for literary and music sources and gaining clearance for any materials used
- Sourcing stock footage and gaining clearance for any materials used
- Assisting on location filming, occasionally operating second camera (don’t worry, we’ll train you on how to do that)
- You will transcribe recorded material in both Arabic and English
- Fluency in Arabic a big advantage
You will be personable and great on the phone. You will have the ability to charm, cajole, and push without making enemies. You will be able to multi task and work on multiple projects simultaneously whilst remaining highly organised and aware of multiple deadlines.
We know this is asking a lot for such a position, but each one of us at Gulf Broadcast is capable of doing most of these tasks in our sleep! We will be happy to train eligible candidates to address weaknesses.
The salary is also great. We don’t pay peanuts and we don’t need monkeys!